Thread: Proposal: Trade Proposal: Anton Babchuk
View Single Post
Old
09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Casework

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Is there a deeper meaning to this statement? Otherwise it really doesn't make much sense. We've know for a couple of months now he wasn't going back to the 'Canes. What could anyone being underestimating at this point or make you think anyone is?
Considering people have thrown out names including, but not limited to:

Quote:
To CAR
Chimera
Ruth
4th Rnd Pick
Quote:
Chimera
any 1 of Goloubef/Regner/Ruth, their choice.
Quote:
Klesa for Babchuk straight up
I find it laughable that it's MY comment you take issue with. Rutherford has stated he'd like to get a D prospect in return, that's all. Well, I'd also like to win the lottery.

So, considering Rutherford's starting point is probably something like Ruth and Howson's starting point is something like a late-round conditional pick, surely if a deal gets done it's going to be somewhere in between. He's been very public in this negotiation and he has no leverage. As I said in my post, if the Jackets are in on this, the bigger concern is what other team's may be offering or can afford to offer.

The only way Chimera comes into play is if there's another player coming back from Carolina, and I don't see them having any reason to mess with their mix of forwards. If the budget is truly an issue, but Babchuk is a player seen worth the price of the deal and signing terms, Howson will get something done to alleviate the pressure. Those are a lot of if's.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote