View Single Post
Old
09-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Seguins Dragon*

vCash: 500
I just don't see Toronto having the assets Boston wants for this deal.

As another poster mentioned, the ship has sailed on the Kaberle deal, I believe this too because Boston's D is all shored up...

I do not believe Toronto has the assets to send Boston's way other than Schenn. Yes, I realise I said Boston's D is shored up, but Schenn is a special commodity, he is young, he is solid, and under a rookie contract for the next 2 years which would help Boston's cap situation...

Curious what Leafs think of Schenn for Kessel straight up... I do not think they do it but if there was a trade I see him being the only roster player\prospect boston would want...

Tlusty\Grabo\Kulemin just do not seem like the style of players Boston would want or fit into their system, sure they are valuable and good assets, but not what Boston would want...

Which leaves us with draft picks... Kessel >>>> 1st, 2nd, 3rd... I say this because the chances of getting a player of Kessel's cailber out of those picks is VERY slim... so I think if a trade WAS made it would have to include two 1st rounders... yes, it seems like a lot... but you need to give a lot in order to get a lot back...

Unless of course an offer sheet is tendered... which Chia has permission to match anything sent Boston's way... Now if Toronto sent a ridicolous offer of 6 mill per year, I highly doubt Boston matches... than again, if Toronot sends a 5 mill per year offer, I would think Boston would match because the compensation in return is not that great, added to Kessel going to a division rival...

If Toronto wants to aquire Kessel VIA offer sheet... they would need guess the amount that is enough Kessel signs a contract (which WILL be 5 mill+ because that is what he is reportedly asking)... and an amount that is too large for Boston to match... I think 5.5 over 3 years would fill this void and be the perfect deal for TO... this number because compensation will ONLY be still 1st, 2nd and 3rd... sure, its over payment, but Toronto will get their man... add to that, if it IS a 3 year deal, they will still have 1 year left of RFA once the original offer sheet is over... than again, no garuntees, Boston may still match...

THough if I was BB and Kessel was whom I longed for... I offer Kessel 5.5 for 3 years...

Well, actually, if I was BB, I would wait till next year... let guys develop this year, maybe hopefully get a top 10 pick in the draft, sure it would suck for Leafs for 1 more year, but I do not see a playoffs with this current Leafs team and what good is finishing 9th?... So I let team tank do its thing again this year and than send 2 offer sheets, 1 to toews and 1 to kane and force Chicago to pick one... but thats a whole other story