View Single Post
Old
11-11-2004, 10:43 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Am I the only person who thinks that eventually the Rangers should break up the Tyutin-Kondratiev defensive pairing?

What I mean is that Tyutin would be wasted on a second defensive pairing, soon enough he should be getting top minutes. However, I don't think that this pairing has the qualities of a top defence pairing. Kondratiev really seems much more suited to a secondary role, where I think he could really excel.
I think Fedor-Max have a good chance of succeeding as a pairing and maybe even a top pairing at that.Are they ready to be a #1 pairing at this point, of course not but they are all of 21 yrs old....give them 2-3 yrs of NHLO experience and let's revisit the question and we'll have a much better idea.

These guys won't be in their prime for another 6-7 years.

Aside from that they don't have to be set as a pairing.If Pock really took off and became the offensive d-man he looks like he can be or if we drafted a Jack Johnson this year you could have either one of them paired w/Fedor as your top pairing down the road.

The way I'm looking at it is that I have high hopes for all 3 of Fedor-Max and Pock all being amoung our top 4 d-men for a very long time.Who plays where can be hammered out as each develops and gets into a solid role.