View Single Post
Old
09-09-2009, 01:45 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
I say Nashville is between the 7th-9th team in the west right now. The kids have an additional year under their belt; Jones, Hornqvist, Klein. The defense is slightly worse but not by much. Devries most effectionate nickname on boards was 'pylon'. Also, Greg Zanon was a warrior with blocks but to quote Ryan Suter. "If you have to make a block it's because you were out of position." Klein, Sulzer, Laakso, Franson, and Blum are pretty young but I still would not be surprised to see a vet signed.

Pekka Rinne's situation should be interesting with Ellis behind him. I don't expect to see Ellis for the full year. Dekanich and Pickard could jump into the back-up role if ready.

Forward wise, Jones and Hornqvist will have a year under their belts and a lot if depending on them. Also, what will happen when Wilson is called up? Will he be ready in the middle of the year?

Also, I'm not liking the assumption that Sullivan will be healthy for the year. It's very dangerous with a man who's was out for a solid 2 years with a back injury. If the Preds get 60 games out of him, it's a victory. The 2nd line wing will be a lot like russian roulette. Which is funny since a certain Russian should be playing in this spot right now. I could see the following playing along side Legwand and Erat; o'Reilly, Jones, Ward, Wilson, Hornqvist, and anyone else Trotz pulls from the hat.

The players who need to step up are Jones and Tootoo. Everyone keeps saying Legwand and Erat. They could do more but they need a small step up. Jones and Tootoo need to be phenominally better.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote