Thread: Line Combos: Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)
View Single Post
Old
09-09-2009, 04:09 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27272727 View Post
What would you prefer? Not calling you out or anything, just wondering....

Would you like something totally different or give JVR/Maroon a shot there?
If you read above I am not in favor of stacking our top 6 and then assembling a bottom 6 of good but not outstanding role players. If we have none of our 6 big guns on the 3rd line I believe that line is going to get abused at even strength. We do have good complementary defensive type bottom 6 players in Powe, Laperierre, Asham, and perhaps Carcillo, Pyorala, Betts, or any of the other guys that are at camp, but we do not have 2 or even 1 players beyond our best 6 forwards that can be relied on to check other teams top lines without some help (ie John Madden or Pahlson).

Offensively you arent going to get squat out of a line assembled with these guys, so the only purpose of that line is to check. Can anyone here tell me with a straight face that they trust a line assembled of any 3 of those guys to check Malkin, Crosby, Gaborik, Elias, Parise, etc? If you have one of your top 3 lines without any offensive ability it better be able to check well and that is a major question mark if the team is assembled that way.

How i would do it:
Hartnell - Carter - open spot (both guys had career years last year, should be able to carry a hard working type who earned his spot in camp)
Powe - Giroux - Briere (hot line from end of last year, can score and has 2 players that compete in their own end)
Gagne - Richards - Laperierre (matched up against the other teams best line like every other season)
Carcillo - Betts - Asham (awesome 4th line, all 3 guys can swing up in the lineup when needed)