View Single Post
Old
09-09-2009, 11:26 PM
time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
Juniors are not followed in Russia. I distantly remember what kind of results team Russia and team Canada had in juniors in 90s (of course I could look up) forget about the average non-canadian hockey fan. Perhaps the success of the juniors for Canada is much more important than having elite talent AMONG MEN, then just forget about this whole thread.
The junior run started a few years back with players like Richards, Crosby, Getzlaf, Weber, Carter. etc... I guess the point I am trying to make is that Juniors (who are, really only a year or two from the pros) are a good indicator of depth. There's clearly an upward trend in the skill level of Canadian hockey players, and some of those recent juniors are now among the elite players in the world.

But, you know what, it's time we stop splitting hairs and just talk about the coming Olympics. New thread perhaps?

I'm picking Canada (no surprise) but the Russians and Swedes could easily take the gold.

Yep, new thread.

And hey, by the way, very very cool stand by AO re: 2014. What a patriot. The only negative thing I can say about the guy is that, sadly, he was born on the wrong side of the Berlin Wall! Tant pis pour nous!

time is offline   Reply With Quote