View Single Post
Old
09-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
This trade sucks for Ottawa but it could very well happen
Well, considering the situation, this trade wouldn't be THAT bad, but it all depends if we can extend Frolov to a reasonnable cap hit (4.5). Look as well for DaveMatthew's post and my featured line-up :

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
Ottawa gets a legitimate top line player to replace Heatley this season, plus another top nine forward who's more than capable of being a big shot on the powerplay point, something they desperately need. And with the cap space, they'll have a good shot of re-signing Frolov after this year, along with Volchenkov (apparently they're the best of friends).

I think it works out pretty well for all teams involved.
Agree on that. Cap space to keep Volchenkov long-term is a big + too. Kinda cool that he is good friend with Frolov.

Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson (90-100 goals)
Frolov-Stoll-Kovalev (70-80 goals)
Kelly-Fisher-Neil (45 goals)
Ruutu-Winchester-Shannon (25 goals)

I’d be pretty happy with this forward group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
You think Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson is the best line in the game?
Well, they were recognized to be league-wide in 05-06 and 06-07. They are also the most productive line (3 players on the same team) since the lock-out.

How long have you been watching hockey? I remember the 05-06 season where Sens were destroying teams 10-4 and 6-1. They scored 314 goals that year.

Spezza : 19 goals 71 assists 90 pts in 68 games
Alfredsson : 43 goals 60 assists 103 pts in 77 games
Heatley : 50 goals 53 assists 103 pts in 82 games

Totals : 112 goals, 184 assists, 296 points in 227 games... It's like having 3 guys that score 40 goals and add 66 assists on the same line... Can you say impressive?

Last edited by Xspyrit: 09-10-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote