View Single Post
Old
09-09-2009, 11:14 PM
DaveMatthew

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky View Post
Its amazing how many times you have to explain this ****, and people still can't seem to grasp the fact that a trade involving players with multi-year contracts affects the team down the road, and can indirectly result in said team being forced to move other players as a consequence of said trade.

Even if the Sharks acquired Heatley for a bag of **** tomorrow, we would then be forced to move 1-2 of our young, core players (i.e. Setoguchi, Pavelski, Michalek, Clowe, etc. etc. etc.) due to Heatley's large, multi-year contract. So it would cost us those young players, plus the bag of ****.
And it continues to amaze me that fans don't want to risk losing 1 or 2 good, but certainly not great, players to bring in a legitimate top offensive forward like Heatley.

It's like me saying, "well gee... I'd love to have Joe Thornton on my team. He's one of the best playmakers in the league. But if I brought in his contract, I might not be able to re-sign Nick Foligno and Chris Campoli... I can't do it."

That's ridiculous. **** Foligno and Campoli. I can replace them pretty easily down the line with someone else I draft. A guy like Thornton doesn't become available very often.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote