View Single Post
Old
09-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
I judge by the last season. We're talking about present time, aren't we?
Classic example of HF's "what have you done for me lately mentality"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
But they haven't in the last two. Don't get me wrong, it is a great line but I can't make myself call it "the best". Since the lockout, it's a different story; but then again, since the lockout Thornton > Ovechkin, so that's why I am looking at the last couple.
You do realize there was more to the logic of the other guys argument than stats. Nobody would have argued that the Pizza Line wasn't one of the best, if not the best for several years. You won't find many people who would pick Thornton over Ovechkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Building teams is more than just assembling as many highly talented players that you can get your hands on. Also, there's more to winning hockey games than scoring goals. And in reality, Patrick Marleau is needed on this team more than Dany Heatley and that's not just my opinion.

You can't win in this sport by getting all the Dany Heatleys and Joe Thorntons you can get your hands on. It's also patently absurd to compare Nick Foligno and Chris Campoli to Devin Setoguchi and Joe Pavelski.

The Sharks lose year in and year out because they lack depth. Adding Dany Heatley will yet again cost them depth. Stop being so short-sighted and understand that Dany Heatley to the Sharks will make them worse.
Gotta agree with you on this one.

Pavelski and Setoguchi>>>>>> Foligno and Campoli and I'm a Sens fan. Both Campoli and Foligno are great, but not on the same level as the aforementioned.

Edit: How the hell is my multiquote post turned into three?

Last edited by Flames Fanatic: 09-09-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote