View Single Post
Old
09-10-2009, 06:39 AM
hashmarks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye19 View Post
division battle's going to be tough.

We're going to be battling St. Louis, who's got EJ back, solid goaltending, and a rapidly growing team, and the tough defensive Nashville, and maybe even Chicago, if they fail to live up to the expectations of battling with Detroit. 10th is plausible.

Do I feel we are a lock for the playoffs? Hell no, especially with only 6 dmen, but I just have the feeling that our guys played with a lot of burden last year and came through it together which has built a big sense of pride and ownership of their team.

Nash is here to stay, RJ has become a blue jacket and that flyers logo he had on his heart is fading. Brass, Jake, Boll, Russell, Dorsett, Mason feel strongly that this is their team and no longer have that wide-eyed just happy to be here sense about them.

No doubt it is going to be a battle and it wouldn't be Blue Jacket hockey if we weren't white knuckling it the entire year, but I think we have more to give. Our October is a brutal travel/road game schedule and if we can get through that month above .500 that will be a terrific start.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote