View Single Post
Old
09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
hashmarks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
I think where we place in the standings will depend on what the power play does. I dont think theres any chance in hell we make the playoffs again with the 30th power play. Unfortunately, that key weakness wasnt address at all in the offseason (while the offseason still isnt over, its VERY close). If we bring in Babchuk, that could change that in a hurry, but if we dont ( and i dont see anything pointing that we will), I do not see the power play improving much at all and that could cost us a chance at the playoffs.
You don't think having Brassard and an older Voracek and Filatov shows signs of at least some hope?

Like I posted already (not sure if it was in this thread) the first unit pp is fine (hovered around 18%), it is our 2nd unit that suffered (around 4%). Filatov will likely see time on the 2nd unit pp, and now that our 2nd unit has a year of experience under their belts, that should help.

Do I think we will sky rocket to a top 10 pp in the league? No, but there our guys on our existing unit (s) that can do a hell of a lot better than they did last year.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote