View Single Post
Old
09-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyatt4God View Post
Certainly, and I`m not just being an apologist for AV. I think that the blame can be spread around any time you lose. I just find for some reason when things are good, AV doesnt get proportional credit for when they are bad. I guess it is this mentality that gets coaches fired for no good reason.

On the series though, here`s food for thought. Who is to say that the Canucks would have even been close at the end of the game had they not trapped their lead? The rest of the series, and indeed game shows it was no guarantee by any means. Maybe AV trapped because Chicago had the Canucks d rattled and wanted to try and put them in a position of comfort and possibly come out confident at the end of the day? Also, is Quenneville a super genius in comparison when he tried and mostly failed to score when he was behind, and then finally did?

I am not sure what you mean at all about `preparation`for game 6, define the word. I mean for all we know AV gave the speech of the year in the NHL in the dressing room, had the team extremely well prepared, and they just played like crap. They certainly didn`t give up game 6 and battled back.
You make some good points and I agree with pretty much all of it. I don't hate AV and think he's done a lot of good here but there is some areas that just drive me nuts. I liken it to some peoples view on the Sedins, people know they are good players but don't like their style of play. I like AV but dislike some areas of his coaching. I don't hate the fact he's re-signing I just wish we could have held off until X-mas or just signed him to a year...possibly two. In the end it doesn't really affect anything, its not like his salary goes against the cap or anything.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote