Thread: Sportsnet: AV extension through 12-13
View Single Post
Old
09-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Kid Canuck*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
This is way off topic, but the myth that Quinn can't coach young players was and is utter nonsense. He's had young players at every stop, he won U18 and U20 championships, and he'll do well with the younger players in Edmonton.

I'm on record as saying I would have preferred Pat Quinn to Alain Vigneault, but that ship has sailed. I'm ready to be on board with Vigneault, and I hope he's learned from past mistakes (there are plenty to choose from).

By the way, anybody praising the "strategy" that the Canucks put forth in Game Four needs to have their bloody heads examined. It was a disgrace. The Canucks tried the exact same thing earlier in the season against San Jose and got burned that time, too. You know what they say about the definition of insanity.

But again, that's water under the bridge.

I expect 2009/10 to be good year - for the Canucks and for the coach. The season can't begin soon enough.
If your defence can actually skate with the other team there is nothing wrong with it. All the good teams can hold a lead. How hard is it to get the puck from the other team, make a good first out pass, gain center and get it deep to get fresh troops out? Come on, that's day 1 stuff.

Now I'm not saying you play the entire game this way like a Jacque Lemaire style, but it doesn't hurt to incorporate this into our system and trust that we can hold and kill the remaining minutes of a game properly, something we have never really been able to do in Vancouver under any system.

Last edited by Kid Canuck*: 09-10-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Kid Canuck* is offline   Reply With Quote