View Single Post
Old
11-11-2004, 08:22 PM
NYR469

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan
Why do I have a feeling the Rangers want Kondratiev and Fedor to play in Russia to make room for some defenseman on the checkers. Perhaps they feel Kondratiev is ready for the NHL and they know Fedor is and want Rawlyk, Liffiton or Taylor to move to Hartford in hopes that they will be more NHL ready. Pock would also get a ton more ice time.

I suppose if they feel Fedor and Kondratiev will be in the top 6 for sure next year on the NHL level, freeing up ice time and roster room at Hartford is a good thing. I really don't like some of the never will be defenseman we have at Hartford. I would like to see Lampman, Taylor, Liffiton and Pock on that team.
that is very possible, its a joke that taylor left minnesota 3 years early to play in the ECHL so getting him to hartford is a huge plus...and even if they don't think kondratiev is ready he'll be playing a better league in russia which should further his development...

really the only arguements for keeping them in hartford is to develop chemistry with the rest of the future rangers (but you could also argue that if they are going to be a pair then it doesn't matter)...they other arguement with regards to kondratiev is related to off-ice stuff. hartford might not be better for him hockey-wise but would help him learn english and adapt to na

i guess due to the lockout and all the depth you have to look at it as trying to make the best of the situation