Thread: Rumor: Marleau now a King?
View Single Post
Old
09-10-2009, 09:22 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I'd take Marleau for Frolov and dumping Stoll's deal. Stoll just isn't that good of a hockey player especially given his deal for 3 more years. Would he even pass a physical right now? Marleau for Frolov is even to me, Marleau is 2 years older but both are UFA's after the season. Marleau had a much better season last year. His 5 short handed goals stand out to me given what the Kings have been doing with players like Scuderi and Greene on defense. Marleau's 251 shots compared to 176 also get my interest since the Kings are pressed for goals. Havign a bunch of power forwards on your team means you need a lot of shots, the fancy stuff won't work. And most of all Marleau shows up with his lunch pail EVERY GAME. A leader, a former captain, 10 game winning goals last season-a definite Terry Murray type of player whereas Frolov just is not. And don't get me wrong, with Frolov's puck possession skills he fits into TM's system as well but the mental lapses and 2 shots on goal a game don't cut it from your 1st line LW. Bottom line is right now Patrick Marleau fits into what the Kings have been trying to do for some time now. They are getting hard nosed, gritty, leaders in the locker room and Frolov just doesn't fit into that mold as well as Marleau. I'd like to see an extension before the deal is done though, that 1 year and bolt worries me more than anything else in this proposed deal.