View Single Post
Old
09-10-2009, 10:25 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
So you want to trade a 4 year vet NHL coach for one that has zero NHL coaching experience? Isn't that right back to where we happen to be 4 years ago? Look I'm no fan of coach TGO, but I'm sorry he is better than those two options. What has Ireland accomplished? Last year was abysmal, Burke may be a good coach, but last year was his first in the roll of, whatever his title is. I'm sorry I will take Wayne over those options any day.
Really?

Of those 4 years, how many times has the team come charging out of the gates to a strong start?

Zero.

Familiarity breeds contempt. And haven't we gone through this argument? Wayne has had 4 years to demonstrate he is an NHL coach, and has not done so. To say that we are better off letting him dick around for a few days with the boys while this matter is decided is folly. Greg Ireland comes from the minors and I'm sure he knows a thing or two about how to run a hard practice. Remember what Telly said when he went to Buffalo? Ruff thought it was a joke, but Tellqvist was serious when he said it was a hard practice compared to Phoenix.

A resort town does not need a resort mentality towards practice. It needs the opposite.