View Single Post
Old
09-11-2009, 04:56 AM
Nalyd Psycho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
1. Dickie Moore: How in the hell is this guy still an option. This one is evidence that we were too permissive in allowing guys into this project. Just think this through: pivotal player on a dynasty (probably the greatest team ever assembled), tremendous playoff performer, two Art Ross Trophies, and a tough gritty game. That's a portfolio for a top 50 player who should have been voted in a long time ago.

14. Sergei Makarov: An interesting case. Unlike the other Soviet greats, we got to see Makarov in the show. The problem is, it was past his prime. He won the Calder Trophy in 1990 (and caused the league to change the rule on Calder eligibility in the process). He gets an incomplete for his NHL playoff record. A dynamic offensive force. His World Championship and Olympic accomplishments do nothing for me, but it is worth noting he was an all-star at the 84 Canada Cup.
Funny, cause, for me, this is about right for Moore. He was great in the dynasty, but his career outside those 5 years is mediocre as all get out.

Conversely, I think it is a damn shame Makarov is outside the top 50.