Thread: News Article: Mike Richards update (from Tim P.)
View Single Post
Old
09-12-2009, 04:36 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 971
Mike Richards update (from Tim P.)

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...664&feedID=695

Quote:
Double offseason shoulder surgery is a true rarity in professional sports.

Which is one reason why Flyers captain Mike Richards may be a bit wary of going on the ice Sunday morning and taking his first actual hit since spring’s playoffs.

“I feel good, but I haven’t been hit yet,” Richards admitted Saturday morning as veterans reported for physicals. On Sunday, full training camp opens.

Any trepidation about contact?

“Yeah, a little bit,” Richards said. “I’m sure it’s going to be fine. I’ve been told it’s going to be fine but until you take that first hit, there’s always a little bit of caution there. I want to get it out of the way [Sunday] morning. Get the confidence you can take a hit and give a hit.

“I feel strong pushing off people and doing everything in the gym. I skated at the [Olympic] orientation camp and everything was fine.”

Quote:
Rest assured, Pronger won’t tolerate things we’ve seen in recent years where the Flyers played one period instead of three for more than a game. Pronger figures to be the loudest guy in the room since Derian Hatcher and Keith Primeau, both of whom wore the “C.”

Pronger is expected to wear an “A” most nights this season.

“The leaders we’ve had before have been more quiet guys, like Danny [Briere], Kimmo [Timonen] and myself,” Richards said. “It is nice to have that guy who will go out and say it straight out. We’ve that before, too, and it’s always worked out.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote