09-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
1+2+3 seems fair...

but 1 + 1 + 2 seems too much...

I have such respect for Dave Morrison's abilities, that between those 2 1sts and the 2nd, he'll get a player of Phil's ability OR at least, the 3 combined players in the end will seem much higher value than Kessel...

I still doubt Kessel's intangibles...the personality etc. so I'm not as high on him as most...

I CAN see the other argument though, which is, sure you can score a lot of goals when guys get 15, 20 on your team, but gamebreakers help in the playoffs.

but you know what will happen...

even with the offer sheet...

there will be some Cody Hodgson or Ryan Getzlaf type player selected with our old pick by Boston...

and we'll be debating whether it was worth it...

hehe..oh well...it's Burkey's call...

Kessel is a speed demon who can finish.

we could sure use him in shootouts
I am a huge Kessel fan and don't want to see him leave Boston for two mid-picks and a 2nd rounder. Let me know the last time a Maple Leaf drafted in the first round scored 36+...goes back a bit eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Not sure if this is already up, but I like the other scenarios from Toronto Sports Media:

The first you may have seen on the net or twitter tonight, two first round picks and a second for Kessel.
The second is a first round pick plus a top 6 forward on the Maple Leafs who the Bruins are extremely high on and may actually be insisting on in any deal for Kessel, in return the Maple Leafs may actually get a pick back plus Kessel.
The third would involve a mix of prospects and picks in exchange for Kessel.
Don't know where you are getting this from but that is silly. Boston has too many forwards and you tell me where one of Toronto's 'top six' forwards knocks one of these guys out of the top nine!

Lucic - Savard -Wheeler
Sturm - Bergeron - Recchi
Kobasew - Krejci - Ryder
Bitz - Begin - Thornton

Seriously, no forward on Toronto interests Boston.