Thread: Confirmed with Link: Zherdev signs with Atlant of KHL (post 233)
View Single Post
Old
09-13-2009, 12:25 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
What is with all this glee in his having to eat crow? I've never seen such nasty schadenfreude. Last time I checked, they didn't hand out the Stanley Cup for the team that did a best job of "sticking it" to players in August...

Look, he (or rather Hedges) misplayed his hand badly. He should have fired his agent the moment that the Rangers walked away from his arbitration award. But that's not the point. As a fan (and especially if you're putting yourself in mgmt's shoes), you should be looking at one thing: making the team better.

If we can't fit him under our cap (which I can buy) or we no longer need him on the roster (which I can't - I mean, really? He's worse than 12 other forwards on our team?), then you let him walk. If you can get Z for cheap and he fits on the team, then great.

But all this "nyah, nyah" nonsense is just that - nonsense.
Nice post. Some fans just turn their backs on players at a drop of a hat. It's quite pathetic and immature. Yesterday I saw multiple posters change their opinion about Dubinsky and Gaborik in the matter of minutes. I think some are so easily influenced by what other people write that they can no longer think for themselves.

Are people going to be pat themselves on the back if Dubinsky doesn't sign? It's sad, really.

And your totally right about people finding glee and happiness in events that may not even make the team better, solely because they were "right." Personal biases take priority over the good of the team, I guess...

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote