Thread: Confirmed with Link: Zherdev signs with Atlant of KHL (post 233)
View Single Post
Old
09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
You're missing my point. If you want to discuss the pitfalls of having Zherdev on the roster then by all means feel free. Both sides of the argument have been debated ad nauseum to begin with. But raining on someone's parade because they like the sound of Gaborik and Zherdev together simply because Jagr and Gomez couldn't find chemistry is anything but having a realistic discussion.
Raining on someone's parade is saying wait and see? And I'm not saying wait and see because Jagr and Gomez didn't click. I'm saying it because this team has looked good on paper for years (going back the end of the Smith era and the start of the Sather era) and the results on the ice aren't always the same. We should know that by now.

In fact, this offseason was very similar to moves made in the past — and to me that is reason enough for concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
BTW, what does not wanting Zherdev signed to a long term contract in January have to do with wanting to sign him for less than his QO and for one year? Aside from that are you implying that having a 24 year old perennial 60 point player signed long term would be detrimental? That's a matter of opinion and judging by the split of those who wanted him re-signed this off-season and those who didn't you won't find any definitive answer to that, simply opinions.
What I'm saying is I was killed for saying wait and see. He then, true to form, had a lesser second half, invisible playoffs and asked for insane money. Was I being pessimistic or realistic?