Thread: Confirmed with Link: Zherdev signs with Atlant of KHL (post 233)
View Single Post
Old
09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
D713B

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Raining on someone's parade is saying wait and see? And I'm not saying wait and see because Jagr and Gomez didn't click. I'm saying it because this team has looked good on paper for years (going back the end of the Smith era and the start of the Sather era) and the results on the ice aren't always the same. We should know that by now.

What I'm saying is I was killed for saying wait and see. He then, true to form, had a lesser second half, invisible playoffs and asked for insane money. Was I being pessimistic or realistic?
If everyone waited to see the outcome there would be no one on this board. News flash, fans enjoy speculating.

4 Million for a sixty point player isn't necessarily insane. Look around the league at some other contracts. If you're referring to the 4.5 he asked for that's a part of negotiating. The Rangers offer 3.25 he asks for 4.5 hoping to meet in the 3.9 range which was then awarded. As for you being pessimistic or realistic, again it's difficult to say because there are about equally sized parties on both sides of that fence. IMO before watching what happens the next three years I'd take Z at 3 years 4 mill per as opposed to Kotalik 3 years 3 mill per and I actually like the Ales signing.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote