View Single Post
Old
09-13-2009, 04:58 PM
a79krgm

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
Hey all. These are some opinions from the scrimmage I attended today. There was a lot to take in so I apologize if some players aren't mentioned. ... [more] .... I plan on going tomorrow so will post again. Enjoy!
Good observation about the Schultzies pinching. Overall the defenseman were pinching like it was going out of style.

I agree with your assessment of Pouliot. I don't know what his problem is exactly, but he sure has one. Ben was a passenger out there. And, his new GI Joe look doesn't seem to be helping him.

I liked what I saw with Kalus. He got his nose in there as he was first on the puck more than a few times. He showed some speed and a quick release of his shot. It's clear that he isn't popular with his colleagues. He seemed to be looking to catch someone off guard to nail him with a big hit.

Cuma was sharp and handled the puck with more patience than you would expect a rookie to. He's a thoroughbred and I think he is NHL ready. I'll bet that he seems some big league action before the year is through.

Hilbert looked pretty good. He caused a few turnovers and got to the net a few times. He's a smart player out there.

Zannon knows what he's doing out there. His maturity stands out alongside of all the rookies.

Scott needs to pick it up a little. But, I guess I have to give him a break as it's hard for those big guys to get started.

Gillies shows no offensive creativity out there. But, he makes up for it with this speed and fearless drives through the middle and to the net. He scored a nice one with a quick upper corner in tight.

And Boogie was ... Boogie.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote