View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 03:17 AM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
The same demand was made public on the game broadcast last night during the Flames-Oilers pre-season tilt. It will be intersting what the Oilers get back in return. Names like Datsayuk, Zetterberg, etc. have been bounced around. I just can't see that happening. Small centers don't have much value. Especially small centers that make trade demands and have silly contract demands. Marc Savard got a crap prospect in return. I'm not saying the Oilers are going to get shafted like that, but prescident has been set so an argument can be made for that happening, especially when you take salary demands into question. I seriously doubt that a player like Datsayuk or Zetterberg would be the return on a hold out/locked out player.
To back up your point further, Danny Briere, less than a season removed from a 30 goal season, landed the Coyotes Chris Gratton, who had quite frankly fallen out of favor in Sabreland. While Comrie is undoubtedly better than Briere, Danny didn't have contract issues or problems with the team.