View Single Post
Old
09-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

vCash: 500
You know, I said to myself I wasn't going to debate you any further on this matter, as it appears your bias regarding this situation is quite evident. That you have no intention of being open minded.

But these nuggets you've pain-stakenly bestowed upon us I just can't ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salzy View Post
I have done as you suggested. Unfortunately nothing there to answer my question.
Ok... In reference to Buzz Hargrove - so questionable practices and integrity, who you've associated with (Dionisio), and being a hypocrite shouldn't have any bearing in an environment (PA) that's already fragile and on shaky ground? Or did you not find anything to answer your question because I didn't specifically mention Lindros?

Quote:
LMAO - he asks the guys sitting in Windsor, Ontario...

Seriously dude, until you can come up with something concrete and not baseless insults, this is really a futile exercise. Here's a hint though - "where there's smoke there's fire" and "it's generally accepted" aren't specific.
It appears now that Buzz can do no wrong in your eyes either. That any of us questioning Buzz Hargrove's endeavours you can scoff at simply because of the "guys sitting in Windsor"? Many of us here do not feel that Kelly got a "fair shake" with his dismissal. Hargrove says what Kelly did (the minutes) was a fireable offense. Hargrove says Dionisio didn't get "a fair shake".

So let's see, in Buzz's World... Kelly + obtaining minutes from player only meeting = "fireable offense".

Dionisio + his own confession of spying on his constituents + judgement against him that he knew there were forged contracts within his Local = "... a major insult. As a Canadian trade Unionist, that really bothered me. I have a great deal of respect for him as a trade Unionist and as a human being and a great deal of respect for his integrity. I don't think he got a fair shake (before the Labor Relations Board)."

Did you even bother to read the Keller Report? Or is that because Hargrove wasn't directly involved or mentioned in said report it has no pertinence to you? Or it's ok to pull the ethics, credibility, and integrity cards when they best suit you? Or simply because Hargrove and Lindros are "pals".

Quote:
Fan perception has nothing to do with why the players came back. If that mattered, we wouldn't have lost a year in the first place.

It didn't matter last time and it won't matter next time. The players will do what's right for them and so will the owners. We'll get hockey when they both decide it's time to give it to us.
Thank God statements like these didn't come out on behalf of either side now, or in 2005.

Quote:
I asked you to tell us specifically what makes them "a joke" but you are unable. Like so many others, all you are able to do is vaguely question their character on a personal level. Without anything of substance to back it up, it's simply a red herring.

In other words "I can't come up with anything specific, so I'll stick to alluding to personal insults, rumour and innuendo".
Please elaborate, if you would, on this...

Quote:
LMAO! Craig Button?! Any time I saw him on The Score I wondered "how was this guy EVER an NHL General Manager?" He's a joke. Give him a top 5 payroll and people might have forgotten all of Mike Milbury's wonderful blunders.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...15#post3461815

Or this?

Quote:
So then it becomes a question of credibility. I choose to believe Leclair (a solid citizen and class act and since the Flyers made good on their promise as soon as he came to camp). I don't recall that about Yashin, but if you say so I believe you, but choose not to believe Yashin (in light of his past holdouts, his reneging on the million dollar donation to the (center for the?) Arts, and the fact that his agent is a scum bag and that is well known to be his MO).
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...93#post3122593

And so on...

Quote:
LMAO! Rant and rave all you want Chelly, but face facts: I'm sure PA members will continue to pay their dues every month, but for all intents and purposes, Bettman has broken the union.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...95#post3059095

Quote:
Honourable Mention for Lindros - in this post-obstruction era where head-shots are frowned on Lindros would have been a force so dominant he'd make Ovechkin look like David Volek.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=642842&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyx
Thank you Big E and good luck wherever you sign.
Quote:
Eric didn't want to go through the registration process, think of a username and password. So he asked me to tell you "you're welcome".
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=150798

Were you being smirky, or joking when you posted that? Or is there some sort of relationship you guys have? Nothing wrong with that or saying that's a bad thing, just that it would go a long way in explaining your stance here if that were indeed the case.

Major4Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote