View Single Post
Old
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Goallum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Agreed. Linemates have nothing to do with my frustrations with Frolov.

Brown played in 3 more games and took 116 more shots than Frolov last season. O'Sullivan (a center) played in 15 fewer games than Frolov yet took 24 more shots.

Frolov's shooting percentage is consistently among the team's best. It hovers around 15-18% every year which is remarkable. He took 19 more shots in 2006-2007 than he did in 2008-2009 and had 11 more points to show for it - that is crazy good.

If he just aimed to increase his shots per game average by a half a shot per game, he'd get to 40 goals easily.

That's what's so frustrating to me as a fan... it wouldn't even take that much more effort from Frolov to get so much more in terms of tangible production, but he won't do it. He's stuck on averaging 2 shots per game and has been through his entire career.

When all these coaches over all these years can't convince a player to do something as simple as taking one more shot every other game, it's just another indication of the frustration the Kings have with Frolov.

- T
I agree that he needs to shoot more, and that it's a very legitimate, perhaps the biggest, knock on him. What I don't understand, however, is why one would necessarily equate not shooting enough with the lack of effort. As a matter of fact, those half-ass pointless shots by Brown and O'Sullivan, many of which are included in the stats you quoted, seem to me as a more obvious indication of lazy play, lack of effort in making plays and lack of offensive creativity in general.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote