View Single Post
Old
09-15-2009, 04:47 PM
lockstock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Polakis View Post
I agree with you in principle on the lack of excitement of the youthful team, but you could have picked a better example. "Screw it" Lisin earned a -13 in 48 games last season, and a -18 in 17 games two seasons prior. When the +/- stat is that gaudy, it really does mean something. More Enver Lisins on the Coyotes would have meant even more losses.
I'm not going to argue that point, I mostly agree with it. I'm just saying that if we're going to suck, we should at least suck with some flash. We have the excitement of a Minnesota system with the results of the Detroit Lions. That's not going to bring in any fans.

Minnesota is like a blackjack system where you're going to grind a 2% win over many hours. Coyotes system is one where you're going to grind away all your money over many hours. What's the point? Might as well go big. We've got the resources for it. Unleash the kids. Train them hard and don't ever let them stop. Let them make mistakes and learn from them. It's obvious the coach isn't teaching them all the things they should be learning.

Yeah, it would still suck to lose, but this is about the best I can hope for under Gretzky.