View Single Post
Old
09-16-2009, 03:29 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I'll second this. Frolov isn't going to be able to change his basic instincts and become the kind of player that comes down on the wing by himself and then fires a wrist shot into the logo of the other team's goalie.

He is always going to look to be more creative and try to make a pass, a play to get a better shot for himself, or at the very least take the puck down low and hang onto it until help arrives.

If that's a sin for a player, I disagree. I would like to see him shoot a lot more on the power play or just put the puck on net when there is traffic in front. Thirty goals isn't chopped liver.
30 goals is not chopped liver at all, but you don't get 40 or more goals without getting a few lucky ones and Frolov doesn't allow those types of to happen. Don't take "get the puck on net more" as "change your instincts". That's ridiculous.

Its also about doing what makes him successful MORE. Its not just firing off a wrist shot, its not always waiting for the perfect opportunity to take it to the net, but always remember he is a bull, and force his way there more often. He does when he "on", but when he is being "loafy" that's the difference. He dicks around with the puck more, instead of driving hard like he does when he scores all those goals. If he had that attitude more often, for 80 games a year instead of 65-70, he would score 40 goals and half that extra half shot to a shot per game on his average that we would like to see.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote