View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 04:24 AM
Bruwinz37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
I posted above my thoughts on this , didn't see this thread..

But I was /am VERY impressed with this kid Bergeron..
What I saw of him..aside from the usual okay skot, okay skating okay grit.....the kid "get's it " as Bill Parcells would say..
He has "ice vision " for a loack of better term.. What I saw was him "scanning his options " before taking a hit. Not just chasing a puck on the "D" transition but figuring out what to do with it before he got it.

A lot of skills can be taught to an extent and honed.
Instinct and smarts , the "toolbox" , either you have it or don't.

In most cases I'm a supporter for nuturing in Juniors and AHL.. but if a kid can CONSISTENTLY show he has "it" as DKH says above..then you have to think real hard about letting him play.
based on what I saw. Based on what others have posted and based upon what I have read...I'm of the mind that if young Mr. Bergeron keeps it up thru pre-season than you have to keep him here for at least the 10 Regular season games.
Beyond that... if he is playing at an NHL level.. he should stay...
I agree, if nothing else just for the 9 or so games to give him a taste of the big time. Worse comes to worse it is too much for him after 9 games, he goes back to Juniors and probably scores 130 pts. I highly doubt that he will spend one more year back in Juniors. The kid is simply doing too much and impressing too many to not make the team next year.

This is turning out to be one heckuva draft for MOC already with the genral feeling that Stuart is a certain NHL caliber D and Marjamaki showing some good stuff as well.