View Single Post
Old
09-16-2009, 01:30 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goallum View Post
You obviously didn't bother to check the stat sheets for the last 3 season before making your bold proclamations. What's worse, you either don't pay attention to the actual play, or your analysis sucks. I suggest getting your hands on a few games from the last two seasons where Kopitar and Frolov played on the same line (e.g., NYR game from 07-08, the game @ DC from 08-09) and watching carefully and without prejudice.
I think Frolov's assist totals will tell you that he is a pretty decent playmaker. He gets his fair share of assists when he is playing with other players that can put the puck in the net.

I agree those two games are good evidence of what Kopitar and Frolov can do when they are on the same line. Unfortunately, it looks like Frolov is going to be relegated to the 3rd line for much of the season since Murray looks like he is going to give the Smyth - Kopitar - Williams combination every opportunity to succeed. Then you have Brown and Purcell as the wingers on the 2nd line, because Teddy doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, and Brown is favored over Frolov in the eyes of management.

I'm wondering what the power play units are going to look like. It sounds like Williams may get some time on the point, so I don't know how that shakes out.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote