Old
09-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJackson View Post
So, last year was my first year back since being a kid as a full hockey fan. I knew all the rules and some of the subtleties, but obviously learned a lot watching 86 games in depth and really following everything off the ice.

But now...The one question I have is...why is everyone concerned about having a right-handed shot? I definitely understand the need of a canon on the blue line, but every time I've seen someone mention getting a new defenseman...they always stipulate it has to be right handed. Is that actually a deal breaker or just to mix it up with our glut of lefties?

So, probably a stupid question, and feel free to merge it wherever it may fit, but it's been bugging me lately and I wasn't really sure where else to ask.
Is it knob or noob? To be honest the hand on a PP is significant, it's not much different than ones writing hand. That said, in hockey most guys can go either way in the same way they must use their skates to stop either way. To excel in hockey both sides should be as equal as possible so in the end it should not be a game breaker.

I have played some ice hockey so I know the the significance of having both sides work equally ...

Last edited by Robert: 09-17-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote