View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 05:44 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Pick one guys who you think will EXCEED expectations this year and why...

My pick for the year is #37 Jan Hlavac!!!

I really was thrilled he was reupped and think he will have a very solid yr on what very well be our best line this year.

I think this guy is so pumped about coming back to NY and to Nedved's LW that he is in the right frame of mind to shake off the disappointment and confidence problems he developed after getting traded from NY which he was totally devastated about.

What I expect out of Jan is to be a cog on this line that fits in perfectly.He has an undeniable chemirty already established with Nedved and Kovalev plays a similar style of game and I see him meshing with the other 2 immediately as well.

All 3 guys can bury the puck and both Nedved and AK are very good playmakers as well.Jan will benifit from the room that the other 2's skating and creativity create and Jan has enough of a goal scorer's instinct to get into the open ice to bury some prime scoring chances.

He won't recieve any PK time and will be on either the 1st or second PP group, whichever Petr is on with either Mess or Holik being the other forward with Kovalev taking over pointman duties.

This team is much deeper then the one he was able to put up 28 goals and 67 pts on so I think even though he'll play as well as that yr his #'s will be lower due to less icetime but I really think he'll net 25 goals on that line and with the other 2 burying pucks as well he should net 25-30 assists as well.

Here's to a big season out of Janni!!!