View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 05:58 AM

vCash: 500
My take on the game last night

I know there's already other threads on this but, i'd like to start my own....watched the game from cage aux sports

Mike Ribeiro- There's no way Perreault should get the # 2 centerman job over him, I know this was against weak competition, but still you could see that he improved gotten faster and he's learned to always be in constant movement, has good chemistry with Hossa and Zednik, seems to have matured alot more this year, if given the #2 center job from the get go, I have no doubt he'll run away with it.

Richard Zednik-Keeps getting better and better, always has scoring chances it's a shame he dosen't bury all of them, ut is always a constant threat, looks even faster if that's possible.

Marcel Hossa-Had a good game, is good down low, he's too generous though, always looking to pass the puck, needs to learn to take control, someone needs to tell him how good he can be, but I expect a good year from him, he won't be sent down to the AHL.

Micheal Ryder-Along with Zednik and Ribeiro was the most dangerous player on the ice, has a NHL caliber shot, his skating is choppy, but it's not a hinderance to him, get from point A to point B well, he's great at getting the puck from the boards and driving to the net, quick release on his shot, plays a big man's game, he dosen't have first line skills but he's a player who will mesh well with first line players cause he works hard, digs the puck out of the corners and drives to the net fearlessly, reminds me of Mike Knuble.

Tomas Plekanec-All the other reports say he didn't play well, I say he handled himself quite well, his small stature only becomes an issue in the faceoff department, is better suited to play wing, he's pretty responsible defensively, another year in the minors wouldn't hurt.

Pierre Dagenais-Great shot, slow skater, he played somewhat physical, he'll be an asset on the PP, he needs a good playmaker to maximize his strengths.

Mike Komisarek-Had a good game, solid on every aspect of the game, only needsmore of a mean streak