Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
SERIES PREVIEW

click logos for web site
CARLETON RAVENS (2009: 13-11-4)
MANITOBA BISONS (2009: 13-9-6)

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 7:00 pm at Max Bell Arena
Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 12:30 pm at Max Bell Arena

The Bisons have played one exhibition game, a 3-2 win over Regina. This is Carleton's first game. They follow with games against Windsor and UOIT next weekend.

Carleton is a relative newcomer, having rekindled their hockey program. Though the OUA is weaker than the CW and the AUS, Carleton played in the tougher Far East Division, which included the Quebec teams and Ottawa and it traditionally produces either the conference champion or runner-up. Though they were 4th in the regular season, they beat Concordia in one playoff series and then lost to UQTR in overtime in the 2nd round.

The Bisons played two OUA teams last year. They beat Laurier (22-5-1) by a 6-3 score and lost to Lakehead (18-8-2) by 3-2 in overtime.

The roster page at the U of M site is incomplete, only containing 16 names. I'll be checking for updates.

One unfortunate thing is that Saturday's game is being played in the afternoon whilst the football homecoming game starts at 2:00 p.m. I'll be missing both to be at my son's baseball game. Oh well, at least I'll see one hockey game this weekend.

LINKS:

[Sirant brings back new ideas from overseas] - Ken Wiebe has a story in the Sun.

[Free Press Roiund-up] - Ashley Prest has a blurb where Sirant is quoted as saying he would keep 24 to 26 players. No cuts were announced.

[Carleton: 2009-2010 Men’s Hockey Preview] - This is from Carleton's web site.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote