View Single Post
Old
09-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Omni Owl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Just got back from the game. Here is my take on those guys.

Loktinov looks smooth with the puck and has pretty decent poise driving into the zone. Tried a few no look passes that did not work. Didn't really have any great scoring chances that I remember, but seems to be the type of player that can make others around him better. Needs to work on face offs, he lost almost every crucial face off at the end of the game. Also took a needless penalty towards the end that should of cost us the game in regulation (cross checked from Dan Hinote driving aimlessly by himself into the corner with a Kings D man on him). I say should have cost us the game in regulation because Doughty whiffed on a clearing pass, and he and I believe Johnson dove in front of the wide open (goalie pulled) net, and the Sharks player chipped if over the open net. That should have been game, set, match. Anyway, Loki stepped up and made the beautiful pass off of a scrum along the nearside boards directly across the crease to a wide, and I mean never in NHL 10 will you get this wide open Dustin Brown, who with one quick fake put the puck in an open net. Could he play at the NHL level right now? Probably, but I really don't think there is the need to rush him at this point. The puck was poked away from him during the shootout.

Schenn also took some physical punishment out there, but what really impressed me was how defensively responsible he played. He was very solid on D, and seemed to have quite a few takeaways. Had some difficulty with the puck tonight, bounced off his stick quite a bit. Did okay on face offs early, seemed to lose all of the important ones at the end. TM really but the kids out in the pressure situations tonight. Had some decent rushes with Clifford, couldn't really get too much going. Also not a great effort on the shootout.
Much obliged good sir. I'm sure both, especially Loki, are getting a long look by the coaching staff.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote