View Single Post
Old
09-18-2009, 07:17 PM
lakings41

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
my thoughts on last nights game...

first off they only sold about 6500 tickets for the game and i think even less people showed up. Some sections were nearly completely vacant...but thats besides the point.

Game overall was pretty boring and looked sloppy on both sides, very amateur to put it bluntly (as it should have considering each team only had a handful of vets playing).

The only players that stood out to me are as follow:

Wayne Simmonds: excellent game, even in pre-season he gives 100% which i cant say about everyone. He was hitting, skating, and passing. in my opinion he was the strongest kings player all night.

Dustin Brown: had a pretty nice goal in the last 10secs, which was exciting. Brown was throwing his body around like usual and had several good attempts throughout the night although it seemed he was only playing maybe 80-90% out there.

Alex Frolov: received first star of the night. He played well overall but wasn't much of a factor in the game i didn't think.

Jonathan Quick: Outstanding. Like usual had fantastic control of his rebounds and made some pretty good looking saves through out the night. He's probably one of the biggest reasons the kings were in the game.

Jack Johnson and Drew Doughty: Both played ok, Doughty gave up the puck in our own zone which almost resulted in a goal but other than that nothing notable. Other than Jack getting his ass handed to him end of the second period he played well also. He look like a forward int he first period the way he was attacking the net, which i really liked seeing out of him. he has the hands, speed and skill for it. This very well can be a breakout year for him.

Andrei Loktionov Looked nervous most of the night. He seemed eager to pass the puck nearly as soon as he got it. If last night was anything to measure his game by then i think he still has a couple years of minor league play in store for him.

Brayden Schenn Nothing to report, did nothing all night and i actually forgot he was even on the roster at times.

Overall wasn't an impressive game, in fact the best part was when the Zamboni got stuck on the rink while they were resurfacing the ice for the shootout. it was obviously user error as it took someone less than 10secs to get him going again once he got out there. Obviously cant expect to much from preseason considering it was nearly an all rookie roster but unfortunately none of those rookies seemed to shine for me. Everyone else that i didnt mention didnt warrant any special attention.
We must have shown up to two different games. Agreed about the boring play although it was completely based off of special teams.

Wayne Simmonds I can agree on. He looked great out there.

Distant Brown I thought was a joke the whole night. He still looks like he did the last forty games of the last season. I'll get ripped to shreds on this board for this but he needs that "C" stripped so he can get back to his original mode. I don't know if it's the responsibilty thing? I also knew he went thru some stuff with his kid last season and a supposed injury and everybody used that as a pass. But he went to the WC's and had a really good tournament. He will continue to frustrate most on this board if he keeps doing his one move down the wing and shoots. He never looks for a teammate and when he passes the biscuit it's at a 140mph. I'm just hoping he hasn't peeked. Last night although he scored he looked completely disinterested. I know it's pre-season but he needs to set the tone for his teammates in my book. On a side note this guy is one of my favorite players. I just don't know where his head is at.

Alexander FrolovAlways amazing in my book and did the typical business. Why he's looked at with a magnifying glass and other players getting a pass is beyond me. Although he was set-up numerous times by Lokti but didn't finish as he was probably in amazement as to how every pass got through lanes.

Doughty and JJAwesome in my book. I want these guys here for the next 10-15 years. JJ getting his ass handed to him was a bit exaggerated. The other guy threw about fifty and landed maybe two to three. Heavy yes but JJ was fine and laughed it off.

QuickLooked solid.

Igor Loktionov Best player hands down all night. Can easily play at this level in my book. Not scared and has a great head for the game. Amazing playmaker as well. Not as complete as Moller but comparable in size and has the nod on the offensive side of the puck.

Oscar MollerLooked great as well.

Brayden SchennThis kid is going to be sick. All I can say is he stood out to me all night. He makes things happen.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote