View Single Post
Old
09-18-2009, 10:48 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
A few observations tonight before the next GDT goes up...

-The knock on Dekanich for a long time has been his rebound control. It really sounds like we're going to have another Dan Ellis on our hands with him, and I don't necessarily mean that as a compliment. Hopefully he can start hanging on to pucks and we can bring him up with some confidence behind Rinne next year.

-Laakso and Sulzer led the team in shorthanded ice time by an enormous margin, and neither was out there for a goal against. The coaching staff are clearly high on both players, and I think Laakso is now a lock for the roster. Whether he'll play with Sulzer or Hamhuis is tough to say. I think Sulzer may be the most underrated of our defensive group simply because he's been quiet on the score sheet.

-I really admire Hörnqvist's desire to shoot the puck, but put it somewhere other than the goalie's chest, and get some zip on it. It doesn't look like he'll amount to too much in the NHL after all.

-I don't think I heard Jessiman's named called once all night. Why did we give him a contract again?

-I really feel concerned about Klein after hearing Callahan call that second goal. I still have nightmares about his fit of cranial-rectal inversion that cost us a playoff spot against Minnesota last year...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote