View Single Post
Old
09-19-2009, 12:26 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Before I get to far ahead of myself, their goalie played his ass off, if it was not for him, that game is over 10 minutes into the first.

As far as our guys go, I thought Ashton looked ok, he did not really look out of place, but I also thought Veilleux looked good on that line. Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out as the trip begins, we have gone 4 days without Downie getting a shift on that wing in any capacity. That seems a bit odd, and no one really can get a feel for what the plan is there. I really am starting to believe that Ashton may force their hand if he has a good road trip.

For two guys that are bubble, and not even on the bubble players, I thought Kraijeck and Lundin were god awful. That decision is close to being made, in my opinion.

Hedman, for the first time that I have been watching him, really looked gassed at the end of the game. Not sure its the best idea to be giving him 27 minutes a game consistanly if we want him in alive and well in April. Could be wrong, we will see.

Smith looked solid, expecially when he really go tested in the 2nd. When he dropped the puck and shot it down the ice on the powerplay, that was the first sign to me that if he is not 100%, he is at least really close. Tokarski looked solid as well. If the goaltenders continue to play well, there is going to be a logjam and we will be a goalie heavy in the organization.
How did Foster look?