Thread: PGT: Habs beat Sens 2-1
View Single Post
Old
09-19-2009, 02:17 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Plekanec was IMO the best player of our team tonight, followed closely by Gionta, both have incredible chimestry, I think Maxpac did rather well in the whole, I like how he creates room with his body and long reach.. This line played the whole game against OTT first line if Im not wrong, its really really promising..

Anyone still doubting Kovy played in Pleks' head last year? Pleks game is all about energy and intensity while Kovalev was dragging him down playing his fancy east-west type of game, floating when not in possession of the puck, this guy could play with 2 fourth liners and there is no difference since he plays this game alone, holding the puck as long as he can being the showman, Pleks was obviously confused and didnt spend his energy well last season, Kovy is one of the toughest guy to play with I think its now a reality for everone, he couldnt find any kind of chimestry with anyone last season, the only one I could see clicking this year with him is Spezza since both play this game on the fancy side, they wont be reliable defensively but at least their high level skills should compensate.. Theres no way Kovy clicks with Fischer which one plays this game alot like Plekanec, intensive north south type of game.. Ive been saying for a while that Kovy plays his own circus type of game and good luck to Clouston to find a way to get Kovy going.. Personally, when I knew Kovy was done here, it was the best news of my summer, the guy hurted this team alot more than some people could think..

Now Pleks is obviously back! Will be a pretty strong competitor and I expect a big season offensively speaking... We will have 2 incredible lines reliable defensively that will put the puck in the net with regularity, our bottom lines will be pretty tough to play against as well so its looking pretty good, my only concern is on D, Im not convinced Gill and Mara are good signings, their lack of mobility was apparent tonight, and when you arent mobile enough to catch the speedy fowards, then you cant play as physical as you want.. A guy like Komisarek was 6"4 235 lbs but the guy had incredible mobility giving him the opportunuty to punish his opponents as much as he wanted, was a master to block shots, in fact he was the perfect stay at home..

I still remember the numerous trade proposals including Pleks in the deal this summer...