Old
09-20-2009, 01:28 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
It sounded like Sestito got knocked off balance by a punch and fell backwards. Lucky he didn't bust his head open on the ice. They probably need to have him checked out for internal bleeding just in case.
Oh he did bust it open. It was quite a bit of blood. I don't know what the trainers/EMTs did to him on the ice but they seemed to stop or greatly reduce the bleeding before he left the ice. Hope he's going to be OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
2-0 Vermette unassisted.

Sounds like Klein had yet another brain fart.

Columbus dumped in the puck. Klein got in Rinne's way as Rinne was trying to glove the puck. Rinne lost the puck and Vermette got a freebee
I wouldn't blame it all on Klein. Rinne thought he had the puck covered and just sat there. But it was next to his pad and Blum skated right by it and didn't see it there either. Vermette just picked it up and shot it into the net for basically an empty net goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
YT KvbO3bdMlOA /YT
That was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Our power play looks every bit as bad as it did last year, and for the same reasons. Can't enter the zone, and once we do, we spend 1 minute passing it back and forth before eventually shooting it directly into the PK or coughing it up and getting it cleared. The "rookie" unit of Spaling, Jones and Ward actually looked better than the first unit.
In the first game I thought the PP looked better (maybe that was just because it was Atlanta). But you're right about the PP tonight. It was just like last year, pass 10x, take a shot that misses or gets blocked, and the puck is cleared, never to get back into the zone for longer than 10 seconds at a time.

-------------

I was hoping to see Legwand/Erat playing with Santorelli.

I thought we outplayed them for most of the game. They got 2 goals that were the product of flukey bounces.

Jones was good again. Worked hard all night and was all over the ice. Ward looked good for his first game back. Kind of getting excited to think about Wilson on this line if Jones continues to improve like this and Ward keeps up with last years pace. It's likely they'll outwork whatever line they're against. Could be a real nice secret weapon with teams focusing mostly on the top 2 lines.

Dan Ellis looked good again.

I know it's preseason, but who cares, 3-0!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote