Thread: Proposal: Trade Proposal: Anton Babchuk
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2009, 10:40 AM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJfan4evr View Post
Hard to tell from preaseason but from what I've read our PP doesn't sound like it's improved much. Our D really seems to svck to the point that Moore looks like an option.
I'm not an evaluator of talent; but the note below from Spector leaves me scratching my head. Here's a big right handed offensive D-man with a cannon for a shot who scored 16 goals last season. Is his D and attitude really that bad? Based on the post below and what I've read elsewhere it seems he could be had for 2nd rnd pick at this point. What say all?

RDS.CA: reports former Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Anton Babchuk was about to agree to a contract with Avangard Omsk of Russia's Kontinental Hockey League. Babchuk, a restricted free agent, has refused a one-year, $1 million contract offer from the Hurricanes, who are trying to trade him.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Evidently there can't be much of a market for Babchuk so it would appear he's heading for Russia this season.
How can we tell if something is improved or not when our NHL'ers aren't all playing in the same games?

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote