View Single Post
Old
11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Blueshirt13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
The guy was just announced for his first start, and you're already calling him overhyped?

And any chance the Giants had of making the playoffs was in DIRE need of a spark on offense. This might be it.
I'm just calling him overhyped by the fact that he was drafted where he was when I think Roethlisberger and Phillips will pan out to be better QBs. Personally I think he was the #1 pick because of the last name.

Of course, I just saw him play live twice, I am not an NFL scout, I have not seen him at practice, and I have not seen him, Phillips and Roethlisberger practice side by side. Just my opinion here. I am just looking at it from the perspective of what I saw from my limited time at the games, from what I have seen of the other QBs, and the number of picks we gave up for him.

For the sake of the Giants, I hope that he plays as well as his brother being what we gave up/passed up on for him (could have picked Phillips/Taylor/Winslow/Roy Williams/Roethlisberger, 1st next year (with the team record it will be high), 3rd in 2004, and 5th next year).