Thread: Sprained ankle
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Jive Time

vCash: 500
I injured my ankle last spring and had the same question. I ended up taking two weeks off and read a ton of information on how to treat/rehab the sprain.

Your body will try to repair the damage quickly leaving scar tissue. This is not good as it will leave your ankle prone to re-injury. I recommend reading this following article from start to finish:

Ankle Sprain, Ankle Injuries and Sprained Ankle Treatment
http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com...juries-pt1.php

For strength training, I mostly used one of those bosu balls. It looks like one of those big inflatable balls people sit on but cut in half. You stand on it and rotate your ankle and it got mine back strong fast.

As far as playing, I tried to tape up with the straps but I'm not very good at and it took a long time to do. I also found it to be really uncomfortable in the skate. I admit this probably has more to do with my tape job but I found a better solution was one of those canvas type boots with the laces.

This made my ankle instantly stable and did not take up much room in my skate. I tried every brace they had before I picked this one. It was not the most expensive but it worked the best. Good luck!

Jive Time is offline   Reply With Quote