View Single Post
Old
11-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Youreallygotme

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamix
I have a few good experiences sofar.

When I was 13, I played on the Vancouver Island Triple A (AAA) team in a few tournaments as a goaltender, and I played against some pretty good competition including Zach Hamill (2006 draft eligible).

Probably my favourite experience was when I was 14, my Vancouver Island Triple A team went to Whistler, BC's international Triple A tournament and we were playing against the Quebec Bulldogs, which featured players such as Angelo Esposito. Anyway, that game ended up 8-0 in favour of Quebec and our only shot came from outside the blueline on a powerplay. The shot clock hit 99 five minutes in to the third period, good for the save percentage at least.

This past summer, still 14 at the time (September birthdate), my Double A (AA) minor hockey team from my city entered an international Triple A tournament in Ridge Meadows/Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge (amazing how many cities made out of four words...) and we ended up playing against the Calgary Blackhawks (whom had several WHL Bantam draftees), Burnaby Minor Triple A, a couple other teams but most importantly H.C. Pardubice from the Czech Republic. Suprisingly, we only lost that game around 4-2, thanks to poor goaltending on their side.

Later in the summer, around July, my Island Triple A team entered the Whistler tournament again. In that tournament we played against the California Cougars and the San Jose Jr. Sharks (could be another California team). Probably the toughest game we played was against the Coquitlam Jr. Express who had the likes of Ryan Kerr (#1 Overall Choice in the 2004 WHL Bantam Draft).

One of the best games I've ever played in my life was in a teiring round a couple years back, when Ty Wishart (Prince George Cougars) was still in my league. It was a 0-0 tie vs. his local Triple A team.

Hopefully this is my last year in minor hockey.
That triple A tournament in Ridge Meadows that you mentioned...Did you mean spring? Because we played in one in the spring there, and there was a Czeck Republic team and the Calgary team which we held to a 4-1 score in the A final. We also won the semifinal in the shootout which was intense.