View Single Post
Old
11-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Chief

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
On Korpikoski, repeated the "Ovechkin was the best player in the draft bit but that Lauri was what we considered exactly the type of players we want on the NYR's" in that he is tenacious, skilled, plays physical and brings it every game.

I felt like telling him you already had this guy and traded him for an enigma in Poti :mad: but from the sounds of it I really think we'll see alot of similarities between what Mike York did for us and what Lauri will do for us.Versatility, tenacious on the forecheck and a tireless work ethtic to go along with above average skill.
Other than the intangibles like effort and desire, I don't think Korpi and York are all that comparable. Korpi is at least 3 inches taller than York and could fill out and be a more imposing speciman. Now, I'm not saying Korpi will become some monster on skates but there is a difference between being 5'10" (or less) and 6'1". As for their style of play, Korpi has shown he can be a much more physical force than York ever was and I happen to think Korpi has a higher offensive ceiling.