View Single Post
Old
11-17-2004, 12:02 PM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
Other than the intangibles like effort and desire, I don't think Korpi and York are all that comparable. Korpi is at least 3 inches taller than York and could fill out and be a more imposing speciman. Now, I'm not saying Korpi will become some monster on skates but there is a difference between being 5'10" (or less) and 6'1". As for their style of play, Korpi has shown he can be a much more physical force than York ever was and I happen to think Korpi has a higher offensive ceiling.
If you listen to Renney-Maloney talk about this kid all they keep talking about is his tenacity, his ability to really get in on the forecheck and pressure the puck carrier.His give 110% every shift, feet never stop moving type of game.That is by far the points they stress when talking about Lauri's game.Who's game does that sound like to you?

I think Lauri will be a very good 2nd line 2-way winger who chips in offensively but I don't think he'll ever be considered a scorer by any means.Hopefully I'm wrong but it just doesn't sound like his game.