View Single Post
Old
11-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
I had read that Stals had been called up, but since there seemed to be no evidence of him playing in Hartford, I was wondering if he was actually there and healthy. Charlotte could actually kind of use him as they've been short players.

In other Checkers news (from checkersfan.com and echl.com) the Checkers called up 2 players from the SPHL...

FW Mike Wirll from the Jacksonville Jaguars (Pack property)
C Chris Ferguson from the Asheville Aces (2G1A3pts47PIM in 5GP) Looks to be a fesity fill-in for the inujured Brandon Cullen. He played last year in something called the EOSHL. Any idea what the heck that is? (Eastern Ontario Senior Hockey League?)

It looks like my concerns about Charlotte D are unfounded since Kenton Smith is off IR and MacIntyre is back in the ECHL. That gives them 6 D (although Smith and Mac both were used mostly as wingers...)

Also, the Checkers beat Columbia 6-3 last night. Down 3-0 in the 3rd period, and replied with 6 straight goals. Hat trick for Falardeau, 2 goals for Rawlyk, 1 assist for Helminen. Multi-point games for vets Eddie Pershin and Mike Harder, who move into the top 5 ECHL scorers. Harder's scored a point in every Checkers game so far. Checkers fecord in now 7-2-1
Falardeau is going to be a good pro he can skate and if he develops any offense he is going to be a great third line checking center.

Jake Taylor is a future top 4 defensemen and comparing him to tinordi is not a far fetched comparison