View Single Post
Old
09-24-2009, 10:59 AM
EasyMac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
EasyMac, there's just one little problem many of you fail to understand. OKT got a role to play here, otherwise there wouldn't be any point in signing him. Flyers got lots of Ds who can play on the 3rd.

Holmgren wants OKT in the lineup when he should be there, that's why I believe my line prediction is a very possible one, because he will not just be a spare in case of injury. Parent's time will come, if he picks up his game when he plays.

This is another possibility:

Nobody said OKT and Parent can't play together.
I fully agree OKT has a role to play here. I just think that his role is as the 7th dman, filling in for injuries and also here and there when they want another big hitter on the blue-line when they think games will be overly physical. I do agree that there are an abundance of 3rd line dmen on the team (Parent, OKT, Jones and Syvret) but only Parent has potential and has shown to be capable of being a 2nd line dmen)

I know Parent hasn't had a stellar preseason, but he has been very good (especially for his age) in the time he has been here. There is no way that OKT will start ahead of Parent unless it is to give Parent the odd night off (and I have no doubt you would have a very hard time finding another poster here who would disagree with that).

EasyMac is offline   Reply With Quote