Thread: Injury Report: 09-10 Canucks Injury Status
View Single Post
Old
09-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Schneider and Demitra to LTIR according to Ben Kuzma:
Quote:
With Mathieu Schneider and Pavol Demitra going on long-term injury reserve, the Vancouver Canucks have found wiggle room under the salary cap ceiling.

Schneider confirmed Thursday morning that offseason shoulder
surgery will keep the 40-year-old defenceman from opening the regular season on Oct. 1 at Calgary. Although he has been practising, Schneider has not been able to take contact. The news is worse for Demitra, who hasn't even healed enough to practice. Offseason shoulder surgery could keep the winger sidelined until November.

For Schneider, expected to play in the top six and anchor one of the power-play units, his decision didn't come as much of a surprise.
"I'm comfortable with it and we talked about it [Wednesday night]," said Schneider. "I've got to get the shoulder to feel strong enough to play and I'm not ready to take a hit."

A sidelined Schneider will put Shane O'Brien back into the top-six mix with Kevin Bieksa, Willie Mitchell, Sami Salo, Alex Edler and Christian Ehrhoff. A sidelined Demitra will make the second line a bigger question mark with Ryan Kesler wondering if Mikael Samuelsson will be one of his wingers and just who will fill the other void.
http://communities.canada.com/thepro...y-reserve.aspx

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote