View Single Post
Old
11-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvHockey
They have the knicks at the garden. I doubt they'll lose money for that one game if they charge AHL prices.
What do you mean they won't lose money if they charge AHL prices? They have to pay the people who work at the garden (security, people to run the concession stands, ticket takers), all of whom are paid by the event. They have to pay to have the arena set up for hockey, they have to lay down a sheet of ice. They will have to change the schedule up in Hartford and give refunds for the tickets that have already been bought for that game (and probably piss off the season ticket holders there).

This is not a pick-up game we're talking about here. It would take a lot of time and money to put it together and about the only thing they will get out of it is some good will. Now, as someone who would probably go (only because I have two nieces asking me weekly when the season is going to get started, not for myself), I would be happy if they did do it, but given the costs, I ain't holding my breath.